The coconut is harvested when it is green. It is harvested to drink its juice; a big nut contains up to one liter of refreshing drink. After ripening the white, fleshy part of the seed is edible and used fresh or dried in cooking. Coconuts are extensively used in Hindu religious rites. Coconuts are usually offered to the gods, and a coconut is smashed on the ground or on some object as part of an initiation or inauguration of building projects, facility, ship, etc.
Coconut Fruit benefits
mainly came from its nutritious source of Coconut Water, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, and Coconut Meat. In fact, it is classified as a “functional food” for the health benefits of coconut goes far beyond its nutritional content.
are extracted from copra which then can be used for cooking, beauty products, and even promotes weight loss by improving digestion. The Coconut Oil is notable for its anti microbial properties that fight of bacteria, viruses, and fungi, and has been used for medical purposes in tropical countries for centuries. Recent studies have even shown that the use of Coconut Oil helps the body and skin to heal and repair faster protecting it from deadly disease.
Health benefits of Coconut Oil
- Contains fatty acids that are good for you. Lauric, Caprylic, and Capric
- Has anti microbial properties that protects you from bacteria and viruses
- Great overall moisturizer
- Extremely nourishing
- Has anti oxidants and helps prevent your skin from exposure to free radicals
- Possess the nutrients necessary to maintain a well balance and nutritious diet
- According to some studies, Coconut Oil has a great role on treating and preventing thyroid diseases
- Promotes weight loss
- Prevent premature aging of the skin
- Improves digestion
Uses of Coconut Oil for the skin
Coconut Oil detoxify your skin by pulling out toxins that helps get rid of body acne. It’s also great for dry skin in cold and dry season; helps reduce skin inflammation, skin rashes, fungal infections, and removing stretch marks. In some cases, you can even use Coconut Oil for a great lubricant for the body. Coconut Oil is definitely for your skin care needs improving the texture of the skin.
Use of Coconut Oil for hair
Coconut Oil is an excellent hair conditioner that softens your hair while strengthening it and conditions the scalp preventing dandruff.
Using Coconut Oil for the face
Used for beauty routines, Coconut Oil is a great eye makeup remover, removes marks of aging, and even removes acne. Coconut Oil is also good to be used on sunburns during upcoming hot summer.
Aside from its popular use in the production of coco vinegar, coco wine, nata de coco, can be taken as a health and refreshing drink as it’s a natural isotonic beverage that contains more potassium than the most sports and energy drinks sold commercially in the market. Coconut Water is sure to quench the thirst of anyone looking for a refreshing drink during the hot summer months.
Coconut Water Health Benefits
• Coconut Water for dehydration. Coconut Water makes an excellent oral rehydration sports beverage.
• Coconut Water for athletes. Coconut Water beats dehydration and excellent electrolytes replacement. Contains more electrolytes than most sports drinks and more potassium than banana.
• Benefits of Coconut Water for workout. Aids in exercise performance.
• Reduces swelling in hands and feet.
• Stress reduction.
• Coconut Water for urinary infection. Drinking Coconut Water cleanses and aids kidney function and dissolves kidney stones.
• Protects against cancer.
• Helps balance blood sugar.
• Coconut Water for stomach. Coconut Water helps relieve constipation and improves digestion.
• Naturally low in calories and fat. Reduce risk of heart disease. Improves blood circulation, lowers high blood pressure and improves blood cholesterol level.
• Possesses anti-aging properties
Refreshing Coconut Water
1. Coconut water for kidneys
Coconut Water also has important clinical applications such as treating renal disorders and in the production of clinical dextran. Doctors advise to drink Coconut Water to wash out bacteria that cause UTI “Urinary Tract Infection”. Coconut Water contains electrolytes, calcium, potassium, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals that ensure health for the kidney and the urinary bladder. Aside from that, it is naturally sterile making it safe to drink even without undergoing water purification treatments.
2. Coconut water for weight loss
No calories in Coconut Water. Coconut water gives no extra worries for people who intend to lose weight; the calorie counter would not tip a single digit as it has less fat and no cholesterol.
Coconut Water – Vita Coco
3. Coconut Meat
gives a lasting boost of energy to the body because of its high protein content. Coconut Meat is especially great for people who are trying to gain weight like body builders since it helps build and increase muscle mass. Coconut Meat can also be used to make local and traditional foods like “Suman” in some country.
Philippine’s Native Suman
Coconut Fruit Uses from its Parts
Coconut Shell can be used to make utensils. You can also produce handicraft novelty items, charcoal briquettes for cooking, and activated carbon which is widely used in purification systems.
Coconut Fruit Parts and Layers
The Coconut Husk is used to obtain Coir, an elastic fiber used for rope, matting, and coarse cloth. Coconut Husk contains 10% bristle fiber, 20% mattress fiber, and 70% coir dust of shorts. The husk which is usually discarded can be utilized to produce a wide variety of useful products from ropes, mats fishing, nets to household walling and flooring materials.